Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Combs-Reinert Wedding

Bride's Name: Hadley Meredith Combs
Groom's Name: Christian Patrick Reinert
Wedding Date: August 7, 2004
City of Wedding: Charleston
Church: First Baptist Church

My husband and I were in New York City in April 2004 visiting my daughter Hadley. She was getting her Master Degree from Manhattan School of Music and was performing in an opera at the school.After the performance she and her boyfriend Christian joined us for dinner.. I was wondering to myself while we were eating if maybe we would hear about an engagement or something, but nothing was said. We all walked back to our hotel and said good bye to them as we were leaving the next morning for Charleston. About 2 AM our hotel phone rang and it was Hadley screaming over the phone: I AM ENGAGED WE ARE GOING TO GET MARRIED!!\" of course I could not sleep a bit .. We met them the next morning for coffee and to see the ring!! They were so excited!! I asked, well when were you all thinking about having a wedding? and Hadley said maybe August. I thought to myself there is no way we will be able to get a church and a place for a reception in Charleston the Wedding Capital of the South !! So I called my other daughter Elizabeth to see if she could start scouting out places and then on the plane started making notes of what to do to have a wedding in 3 months! Well, being that Charleston is called \"The Holy City\" and with my faith in the Lord and a lot of prayer, doors were opened!! Within 1 week First Baptist Church downtown on Church Street had an opening on August 7!! then we called The Old Exchange Building and they just had a cancellation on August 7th!!

The morning of the wedding I woke up and opened the back door and it was 73 degrees with NO humidity!! by wedding time at 6pm it was about 78 !! According to Rob Fowler of Channel 2 news it was the coolest day in Charleston in 50 years!! The wedding was lovely, The Lord's Prayer was beautifully sung by a close friend of Hadley and Christian. Pastor Joe said "I think we can all say an Amen to that." After the ceremony the whole bridal party WALKED in the nice cool air to the Old Exchange Building for the reception!! Yes!! what a Blessed day we had in \"The Holy City\" thank you Lord !! and I will say an Amen to that!!

Submitted by LaNelle Combs, mother of the bride

No comments:

Post a Comment

back to the museum back to the museum back to the museum